You Might Be A Dancer #002
Posted by asher
I almost want to say “I’ve forgotten what inspired this list,” only I haven’t. It’s there in the list. I’ll leave it up to you to figure out which item 😀
You might be a dancer if:
- You go to a gathering where lots of people are barefoot and you think, “Wow, all these people have really flat feet.”
- You can’t stop your hands from twitching when you’re watching a ballet.
- You manage to count every piece of music into phrases of 8.
- When someone says, “Count me in!” you automatically shout, “…Five, six, seven, eight!”
- You find yourself choreographing short modern dance pieces … to the jingles from YouTube ads.
- Ditto TV and radio jingles.
- Let’s not even talk about movie soundtracks.
- You have officially spent so much of your life wearing leotards that normal clothes feel weird.
- You own six pairs of technique shoes, each with different characteristics and applications, that are essentially indistinguishable to normal people.
- And pointe shoes. Let’s not talk about those, either.
- You do rond de jambes. In line. At the supermarket.
- You can intelligently discuss intra-company politics at a ballet company halfway around the world — but you honestly have no idea who your local representative is.
- Your friends arrive at your home for a party only to stand around looking awkward as you hastily stash all the dance belts that were drying in front of the air conditioner vent.
- Your friends don’t even bother to look awkward because you know them all from class.
- But sometimes you don’t recognize them with their clothes on, which *is* totally awkward.
About asherMe in a nutshell: Standard uptight ballet boy. Trapeze junkie. Half-baked choreographer. Budding researcher. Transit cyclist. Terrible homemaker. Neuro-atypical. Fabulous. Married to a very patient man. Bachelor of Science in Psychology (2015). Proto-foodie, but lazy about it. Cat owner ... or, should I say, cat own-ee? ... dog lover. Equestrian.
Posted on 2016/07/14, in adventures, balllet, life and tagged count me in, sorry i didn't recognize you in trousers, that moment when your friends show up and your dance belt is drying in front of the AC, you don't choose the dance life - the dance life chooses you?, you might be a dancer. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.