Selections from Advanced Class
Me: I keep adding an extra tombé-pas-de-bourée.
BG: Don’t do that—we don’t get paid by the step!
- Think about over-crossing the working leg in Arabesque
- At the barre, don’t let the working foot get lazy (also in Arabesque)
- Corrolary: if you have beautiful feet, use what G-d have ya
- Get your back up and keep it up, but don’t leave it behind when you failli
- Double turns: stop looking for your spot!*
So, in short, all the same things I mostly had sorted before the break.
*Except this. I only recently realized that I’m practicing “proactive spotting” rather then letting the spot happen naturally.
Also, petit allegro was a disaster today, but that was because my brain refused to absorb the combination.
Posted on 2017/02/04, in balllet, class notes and tagged lazy feet, turns, we don't get paid by the step. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
That “brain fuzz” thing is weird. last time out was a decent class but for some reason I absolutely couldn’t absorb two of the centre combinations.
Good to know I’m not the only one who experiences that! It is definitely weird.
meanwhile, I must remember to sneak this into the U-boat’s iPod instead of “Music for Ballet Class Vol 15 Turning Combinations”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0LTKUsVMuw
Hahaha, yes! Also, my brain totally went ahead with making up a combination to go with it…