Selections from Advanced Class
Me: I keep adding an extra tombé-pas-de-bourée.
BG: Don’t do that—we don’t get paid by the step!
- Think about over-crossing the working leg in Arabesque
- At the barre, don’t let the working foot get lazy (also in Arabesque)
- Corrolary: if you have beautiful feet, use what G-d have ya
- Get your back up and keep it up, but don’t leave it behind when you failli
- Double turns: stop looking for your spot!*
So, in short, all the same things I mostly had sorted before the break.
*Except this. I only recently realized that I’m practicing “proactive spotting” rather then letting the spot happen naturally.
Also, petit allegro was a disaster today, but that was because my brain refused to absorb the combination.