Things That Took A Million Years When I Was A Kid
…but don’t now that I’m an adult:
- Checking out of a hotel room. Seriously, how did it take us like an hour to pack up after one night?
- Setting up a tent. It takes me about 5 minutes to set up a normal dome tent. Though the fact my sis and I usually spent 45 of the 50 minutes of the setup process arguing miiiiiiiiight have been related?
- Waiting for the waffle iron at the hotel breakfast bar to finish its job. I mean, it’s got a countdown timer right there.
- Driving home from the pizza place. Tbh though this still feels like it my whole life I’m hangry but have to bring pizza to the party and can’t just shove it in my face.
- Driving from our house in Wethersfield to our beach cottage in Old Lyme. In Connecticut. Seriously, y’all. Connecticut is tiiiiiiiiiiny.
- Learning any choreography. Ever.
- Deflating an air mattress.
- Okay, so basically everything that wasn’t grand allegro.
Good thing I wasn’t in any hurry to grow up?
Posted on 2017/05/19, in balllet, it is a silly place, life and tagged c'mon mom, this is taking forevvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrr. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Good list! One thing that didn’t use to take forever as a kid but does now as an adult (at least for me) is going to bed. As I kid, I’d stick a toothbrush into my mouth for a couple of seconds if I felt like it, and off I was. Now, it’s brush and floss forever or hand over all your money to the dentist, wash your face and put various stuff onto it or look like a teenager, carefully stretch out your leg muscles or feel like an old person, lay out everything you need for tomorrow or be super-stressed in the morning. Bit of a hassle some days. 😑 On the upside, no homework. 😂
Ha! Good point! I think getting ready for bed definitely takes me longer now, too 😀 I’m definitely down with the strategy of laying everything out for the morning, too. I have no idea what to do with myself in the morning, and I’m like, “Okay, okay … Um. Socks. Do I need socks? … Where even *are* those socks…”